The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 020: On Meditation and Stress Management with Sarah McDevitt
It’s really common to have light anxiety about life situations, work activities, family, or general daily tasks. When anxiety levels increase for no apparent reason and it starts to become the “new normal” for someone to live with, that’s when we can identify that something is wrong. A few well-known practices like meditation are an important part of the process when handling anxiety and stress.
Join us in this episode of The Wellness Revolution Podcast as Amber and Sarah McDevitt talk about the power of meditation, the power of paying attention to the present, and how anxiety is really just a manifestation of our worries with the future. Many of us suffer more in imagination than in reality. The reason that meditation is so important is that it brings us back to here, back to this moment. Tune in to learn more!
- “Whatever your personal goals are, mental health is at the foundation of anything that you’re trying to do.” – Sarah McDevitt
- Sarah opens up about her past dealing and trying to manage anxiety, anxious thoughts and panic attacks;
- Sarah explains the concept of the two pillars of meditation: Spiritual and Physiological;
- Sarah started meditation to help with her stress and found immense relief with the practice; it allowed her to connect with the present;
- Meditation is a skill and it’s also important to practice even when we feel like there’s no reason to do it;
- Sarah talks about her work with Core and Hyperice.
About Sarah McDevitt
Sarah is the CEO and founder of Core, a pioneer company on creating a meditation training device. Sarah is now the Head of Mind Technologies of Hyperice and is an expert on how to manage anxiety with the assistance of calming techniques such as meditation. Having dealt with mental health issues herself, Sarah’s mission today is to help everyone going through the same problem.
Connect with Sarah
LinkedIn: Sarah McDevitt
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works with helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber