The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 022: How Your Old Beliefs Affect Your Current Sex Life with Dr. Celeste Holbrook
There are a few lessons that women learn as teenagers and early adults that stick with them for a long time. The notions about sex, sexuality, and physical connections are in this category: some women are told from a young age that sex is somehow wrong, or immoral, or inadequate and they’re also taught to repress sexual feelings, as well as, to feel super vigilant about their bodies and what they can represent for partners.
In this episode, Amber welcomes Dr. Celeste Holbrook to talk about how the negative messages and limiting beliefs women get from a young age: affecting their perceptions about their own physical appearance, self-trust, confidence, and their sex life overall. Dr. Celeste explains that sex – especially for women – is more than a ‘performance;’ it’s a healthy moment of pleasure and should be seen that way.
- “When we can move from ‘sex is a performance’ to ‘sex is an experience of pleasure and connection’ we can start to move beyond the idea that our bodies are the linchpin to what makes sex good.” – Dr. Celeste Holbrook
- Dr. Celeste explains that negative sex messages and restrictive beliefs hold onto our bodies all the way through adulthood;
- Sex is more than our bodies; it’s also about the physical sensations and physical connections that it gives us;
- Dr. Celeste dives deep into the concept of Spontaneous arousal vs. Responsive arousal – and the differences between them;
- How our sex life affects sleep;
- Dr. Celeste shares some good advice for women to feel good about sex, their sexuality, and their relationships;
#ZeroProcessed: Free 5 Day Satisfaction and Consistency Nutrition Challenge for women who want fast, easy and delicious nutrition solutions. Visit https://ambershaw.com/zeroprocessed/ to learn more!
About Dr. Celeste
Dr. Celeste Holbrook is a sexologist, a speaker and an author who teaches women practical action steps for building a connective and pleasurable sex life. She helps women learn how to access their sensual intuition and make intimate decisions from a place of liberation, instead of obligation.
Connect with Dr. Celeste
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works with helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber