The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 026: Nurturing, Loving, and Caring for Your Body with Holly Toronto
The general diet culture imposes such a high level of restriction and commitment, that what was supposed to be an easy process, becomes a nightmare for a lot of people. It’s hard enough for someone who wants to lose a few pounds, so imagine what it’s like for girls dealing with eating disorders and, at the same time, facing a certain pressure from society to “change” and lose weight in order to be “worthy”.
In this episode of The Wellness Revolution Podcast, Amber welcomes Holly Toronto to discuss why women are taught from a very young age that their bodies are not ok the way they are and, for that reason, something needs to be changed. The roots of these situations are discussed here, as well as, Holly’s current approach with intuitive eating and how she was able to be in peace with her body – teaching others to do the same. Tune in!
- “So much of body image is just a projection of our worth and how we feel about ourselves.” – Holly Toronto
- Holly shares her past when she was suffering with body image issues, eating disorders, and how she took an interest in holistic treatments;
- Holly makes a parallel between the image we try to achieve by dieting and the feeling of ‘badness’ that is taught so much from religious concepts;
- How Holly coaches her clients in terms of intuitive eating and moderation;
- The importance of allowing ourselves to enjoy freedom during the holidays (Unconditional permission to eat);
- Amber and Holly touch on the basics of intermittent fasting;
- Holly shares a message of positivity and how it’s important to nurture, love, and care for our bodies.
#ZeroProcessed: Free 5 Day Satisfaction and Consistency Nutrition Challenge for women who want fast, easy and delicious nutrition solutions. Link: www.ambershaw.com/zeroprocessed
About Holly Toronto
Holly Toronto is a certified master-level coach and she has five years of experience helping highly driven women stop dieting and build resilience to toxic messages. She uses an intuitive and spiritual approach that guides her clients towards self-trust and confidence embracing mind, body, and soul.
Connect with Holly
Podcast: Return to Wholeness
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works with helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber