The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 027: Sleep Challenges for Women with Dr. Carol Yuan-Duclair
Sleep is the most fundamental component of our health. That’s a true statement that oftentimes is not considered by people on their journey of weight loss and muscle gain. We frequently think that weight loss goals are achieved at the gym, which is partly true, but a great part of it is also achieved in the bedroom during the night hours. When we improve sleep quality, we improve our life.
Join this episode of The Wellness Revolution as Amber talks with Dr. Carol Yuan-Duclair about sleep challenges, especially for women over 40. You will listen to a complete guide on how sleep affects hormones, weight loss, hunger, self-control, and even motivation. Having converted a personal experience into a profession, Dr. Carol also highlights all of the health implications of sleep deficiency. Tune in to learn more!
- “If we are sleep deprived and our body senses that maybe there is danger lurking around, that drives up our cortisol level – which then can be associated with weight gain.” – Dr. Carol Yuan-Duclair
- Dr. Carol shares what got her into this field and how personal experiences inspired her to turn the study of sleep into a profession;
- Health implications of sleep deprivation;
- How sleep affects hormones and weight loss – lack of sleep impacts directly cravings and hunger levels on a daily basis;
- How sleep also affects self-control, motivation, and metabolism;
- Guidelines for a good night of sleep for kids;
- Practical steps on how to improve our sleep (Sleep Efficiency);
- Dr. Carol talks about the recent popularity of sleep devices for monitoring our sleep;
- The influence of caffeine and water intake before going to bed (do’s and dont’s).
#ZeroProcessed: Free 5 Day Satisfaction and Consistency Nutrition Challenge for women who want fast, easy and delicious nutrition solutions. Link: www.ambershaw.com/zeroprocessed
Go to YourMemore.com/discount/Amber to save 30% at check out!
About Dr. Carol
Dr. Carol has worked with private practice and in hospital settings treating patients with sleep disorders. She has dedicated her scientific curiosity to helping women get better sleep so they can live fuller and play harder.
Connect with Dr. Carol
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works with helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber