The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 032: From Fearful to Fearless Leader with Kelsey Moreira
In this episode of The Wellness Revolution, Amber interviews Kelsey Moreira. Kelsey is an entrepreneur and the leader of Doughp (@doughp). Having started her business from a place of rebirth and restart, Kelsey dealt with alcoholism for a long period of her life and, in this episode, she shares a little bit about her story and how she was able to make this transition.
Kelsey also highlights the importance of choosing activities and things that we really want to fill our life with. In her case, she made the choice of leaving her alcohol abuse in the past and filling her life with true passions like baking. From that place Doughp was born and is now a huge success. Kelsey and Amber also discuss the stigma around mental health and alcoholism, especially for women. Tune in!
- “I’ve just found that that it’s the most impactful thing: to really hear from another human who GETS IT, not someone who doesn’t struggle.” – Kelsey Moreira
- Kelsey tells us a little bit about her story struggling with alcohol abuse from a young age and how it affected her life;
- Kelsey talks about how important her business was for her recovery and for her journey of leaving alcohol behind;
- Kelsey highlights her connection with yoga and the importance of the practice on her recovery as well;
- Stigma around alcoholism, specially for women, and how it impacts an alcoholic person who’s already dealing with personal issues;
- Kelsey talks about her experience on Shark Tank.
To stay connected, go to ambershaw.com, scroll to the bottom, and join my email list!
Registrations for Master Your Nutrition, Master Your Body open Monday, January 17!
About Kelsey Moreira
Kelsey Moreira is the founder and leader of Doughp. Having started the company four years ago after a decade working at the tech industry, Kelsey has appeared on Shark Tank, Forbes, among others. She uses her online platforms to reduce social stigma around addiction, recovery, and mental health.
Connect with Kelsey
LinkedIn: Kelsey Moreira
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works with helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber
Facebook: Amber Shaw
FREE Guide on Intermittent Fasting: ambershaw.com/fasting