The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 036: The True Reason You’re Obsessed with Food with Natalie Newhart
Getting clear on what we’re after is really one of the key aspects when it comes to nutrition and fitness. Why do I want to lose weight? Why do I need to be seen as a fitness person? Why do I feel the need to be rigid with my training and so strict with my diet? Questioning ourselves and trying to figure out the answers is the first step to getting free from food obsessions, a fixed mindset, and limiting beliefs.
In this episode of The Wellness Revolution, Natalie Newhart opens up about her once bad relationship with food and how it affected her career as a fitness enthusiast and CrossFit athlete. Natalie shares that she used food as a coping mechanism to deal with stress and anxiety, which created more stress and anxiety. This endless cycle led her to a decisive moment where she finally chose to live life and, more important, love life.
- “We got to see what are the patterns that are driving the body to be in this stressed out state […], and this typically goes hand in hand with people feeling very impulsive around food.” – Natalie Newhart
- Natalie talks about her past with CrossFit, bodybuilding, and the bad relationship she had with food;
- Natalie explains that a lot of people use food as a coping mechanism to deal with stress and emotions and that it’s really important to start identifying these patterns;
- In order to get rid of stress and anxiety, we need to recognize the moments when these feelings come to surface;
- Natalie explains the importance of getting clear on what we’re really after and really knowing the reasons behind a weight loss journey;
- Natalie and Amber talks about macro counting obsession and how this constant calorie counting and food weighting can be a trigger to stress and overwhelm;
Go to YourMemore.com/discount/Amber to save 30% at check out!
About Natalie Newhart
Natalie Newhart is the founder of Fit Addicted Nutrition and a former CrossFit pro athlete. Working as mindset coach and a personal trainer with over 15 years of experience, Natalie specializes now in women over 35 who have not being having success with traditional food-focused diets.
Connect with Natalie
YouTube: Natalie Newhart
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works with helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber
Facebook: Amber Shaw
FREE Guide on Intermittent Fasting: ambershaw.com/fasting