The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 038: A-Z Guide on Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) with Felice Ramallo
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a disorder that affects mostly women of reproductive age. The main symptoms are: weight gain, excessive hair growth, usually difficulty getting pregnant, and irregular periods. While the main cause is hormonal, PCOS impacts a lot of other areas of health & wellness, so it’s important to be aware of this disorder and really know more about it.
In this episode of The Wellness Revolution, Felice Ramallo gives us listeners more details about PCOS, explaining everything about the causes, the signs, and the options of treatment. Felice also explains the impact that PCOS may have on weight loss and the connections between PCOS and a variety of different topics in our day to day lives like sleep, exercise, diets, and stress. Tune in!
- “The #1 thing is addressing your source of stress. If it’s something you can control or change in some way, do it.” – Felice Ramallo
- PCOS symptoms and what are the symptoms women should pay attention to physically and emotionally;
- What are the connections and important details when it comes to living with PCOS and trying to lose weight;
- How to diagnose and treat PCOS (in-house treatment and clinical treatment);
- The importance of exercising, eating nutritious food, and managing stress as a form of treatment to PCOS;
About Felice Ramallo
Felice Ramallo is a registered dietitian and nutritionist. Felice has a MS in clinical nutrition and her current work focuses on PCOS and all the information about this very common hormonal issue. She also leads the dietitian department of Allara Health (@AllaraHealth).
Connect with Felice
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works with helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber
Facebook: Amber Shaw
FREE Guide on Intermittent Fasting: ambershaw.com/fasting