The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 039: Intermittent Fasting: How Does It Work?
Intermittent fasting has become really popular over the years due to the great benefits that it brings to our health. If done the right way, the practice can reduce inflammation in the body, reduce blood sugar levels, and help with weight loss, in addition to being an option for busy people. Because it helps with calorie intake, intermittent fasting has been strongly associated with weight loss diets, but how does it really work?
In this episode, Amber opens up the discussion on intermittent fasting, sharing her experience with this method, highlighting its benefits, and getting clear on all the myths. Intermittent fasting is a way of eating in a scheduled manner and yes, it can help with weight loss because it reduces the ‘eating window’ that we have in a day, but it’s important to understand that it’s no magic pill. Tune in to learn more!
- “If you decide to intermittent fast, you still need to understand and pay attention to making sure that you’re getting enough food.” – Amber Shaw
- Amber explains what it intermittent fasting, how you can start implementing in your routine, and why it’s not a solution to all your problems;
- Intermittent fasting can be a controversial option for people who are already under-eating for whatever reason;
- More important than worrying about the time of the day that you should be eating, it’s worrying about the quality of the food;
- Amber talks about all of the benefits of intermittent fasting and what the science has been showing about this topic.
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works with helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber
Facebook: Amber Shaw
FREE Guide on Intermittent Fasting: ambershaw.com/fasting