The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 043: Breaking up with Sugar with Molly Carmel
Weight loss is not a ‘one-size-fits-all’ process. For each person wanting and needing to go through this journey, it will require patience, resilience, but most of all, a unique approach. Some people find it very easy to take an ‘intuitive eating’ attitude, some people find it very helpful to count calories, monitor macros, and weigh food. And some people find freedom precisely on a more controlled and guided diet modality, but the significance of achieving a healthy relationship with food, and getting off the diet train, is the message here.
In this episode of The Wellness Revolution Podcast, Molly Carmel talks about the effects of sugar on our brain and bodies, and the incredible results we can achieve by ditching sugar for good. Molly also dives deep into the more serious consequences of failing a diet and that this sense of failing can cause trauma. Having dealt with eating disorders and having gone through her own transformation, Molly helps people to find what works in each case.
- “We didn’t cause all the problems that we have but they’re ours to solve. Understanding the severity of this might help us women, men, every single person in diet trauma not be so susceptible to going back” – Molly Carmel
- Molly talks about how she knew from a young age that she was meant to do what she does now, having gone through the same problems;
- Molly shares a time of her life when she was taken to a nutritionist, but she knew that that was not the problem (it’s not always so simple);
- Molly’s experience doing a detox by following a paleo diet;
- Molly explains the connection between failing a diet and suffering a trauma – even if we think there’s no correlation;
- Sometimes being moderate about the consumption of certain foods is the solution for some people;
- Molly talks about emotional eating and some tips to step away from unhealthy cravings.
Go to YourMemore.com/discount/Amber to save 30% at check out!
Free 7-Day Program: Little Black Dress Boot Camp
Book: Breaking up with Sugar by Molly Carmel
About Molly Carmel
Molly is a leading addiction and eating disorder therapist and the founder of the Beacon Program, which offers individual and group solutions to help people break free from their destructive relationships with food and dieting. She is also the author of ‘Breaking up with Sugar’ and the host of ‘What You’re Craving’ podcast.
Connect with Molly
Websites: mollycarmel.com | sugarbreak.com
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works with helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber
Facebook: Amber Shaw
FREE Guide on Intermittent Fasting: ambershaw.com/fasting