The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 044: Traumas, Triggers, and Taking Back Control with Gabby Bernstein
Everyone has experienced trauma at some point in their lives. It could be a small, unconscious trauma or a big, impactful one, but either way it’s there. What we do with that old memory, and how long it takes until we realize it’s doing us no good, will depend on each person. People can go through their entire lives without noticing it, being aware of it, and healing it. Are you willing to unfold the memories?
In this episode of The Wellness Revolution, Amber has the privilege to talk to Gabby Bernstein about her upcoming book, Happy Days. In this book, she discusses traumas, how they appear based on the triggers of our daily lives, and how to take back control of it all. Our health – not only mental health, but physical – can be affected by hidden wounds and not addressing it can be a problem. Gabby also talks about her writing process and how her own story influenced her purpose.
- “Ultimately, those experiences in our lives that were seemingly insignificant were tremendously impactful to our belief system, to how we perceive ourselves, to our nervous system, to the ways that we show up in relationships, to our attachment styles. So, every human has experienced trauma in some form and there’s absolutely no way that you could be alive at this time and say that you haven’t.” – Gabby Bernstein
- Gabby shares the moment she was aware of her trauma and how the inspiration to write came from there;
- Trauma can be a deep source of feeling unworthy;
- The Mind Body Connection – how our physical health is hugely impacted by the hidden and unhealed traumas;
- Gabby explains the concept of Internal Family System Therapy (we have multiple parts of who we are);
- It’s important to identify the triggers that many times go unnoticed to take back control;
- Gabby shares important advice on parenting and reconnection.
About Gabby Bernstein
Gabby has been transforming lives – including her own. She is a #1 NY Times best-seller author of nine books, including ‘The Universe Has Your Back’ and ‘Happy Days’. Gabby is also the host of the ‘Dear Gabby’ Podcast.
Connect with Gabby
YouTube: Gabby Bernstein
Apple Podcasts: Dear Gabby
Spotify: Dear Gabby
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works with helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber
Facebook: Amber Shaw
FREE Guide on Intermittent Fasting: ambershaw.com/fasting