The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 054: On Metabolism and Weight Loss with Dr. Jade Teta
When it comes to weight loss, there are a lot of key aspects that are responsible for someone achieving a goal or not. Some people – and that is a modern debate – believe that it all comes down to calories in, calories out, counting calories, and eating less than your ‘maintenance level’. Science, however, has been proving that metabolism and the many signs our bodies give us also play an important role.
This episode of The Wellness Revolution is all about metabolism and simple guidelines to weight loss. Join Amber and Dr. Jade Teta as they dive in on a very complete guide about this topic. You will learn how you can start to listen to your metabolism through some of its signs (like cravings and sleep issues), how to balance eating habits and exercising, how to measure weight loss, as well as a detailed explanation on hormones.
- “Wouldn’t it be nice if you knew the language that your metabolism speaks? Because it doesn’t speak English, it speaks metabolism and people do not know how to speak that language. Before you understand how to work with your metabolism, you need to understand what it is saying and how it is speaking to you.” – Dr. Jade Teta
- Why diet books containing all kinds of meal plans, food lists, and recipes don’t usually work;
- How the average person can start to understand metabolism and “speak” the metabolism language, understanding and identifying its signs;
- Attaining weight loss is not hard, what is hard is maintaining weight loss;
- General guidelines when it comes to balancing eating and exercising – it’s important to start slow when beginning to exercise (move more) daily;
- How to start when trying to lose weight – first steps, key steps, and best exercises and meals options;
- The best ways to measure weight loss (not stepping on the scale);
- A complete guide on menopause and hormonal health (differences between estrogen and progesterone).
#ZeroProcessed: Free 5 Day Satisfaction and Consistency Nutrition Challenge for women who want fast, easy and delicious nutrition solutions. Link: www.ambershaw.com/zeroprocessed
About Dr. Jade Teta
Dr. Jade is an integrative physician, author and expert in the realm of natural health, fitness, metabolism, and self-development. He has spent the last 25 years immersed on the study of strength conditioning, hormonal metabolism, and the psychology of change and success. Host of ‘Next Level Human’ podcast.
Connect with Dr. Jade
Facebook: Jade Teta
Podcast: Next Level Human with Dr. Jade Teta
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works with helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber
Facebook: Amber Shaw