The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 060: Holistic Approach to Gut Health and Metabolism with Tina Haupert
Tina Haupert is an expert in bringing a holistic approach to help women with their metabolism, understand their hormones, and have a better and healthier relationship with their bodies. In this episode of The Wellness Revolution, Amber interviews Tina on all of these topics and more. Tina opens up about her diagnosis with Ulcerative Colitis (UC) and how it helped her understand her gut health better.
Tina also shares important tips and guidelines on what to pay attention to when it comes to our bathroom habits and gut health: things like feeling bloated after meals, feeling tired throughout the day, feeling fatigued for no apparent reason, and certain digestive issues can be signs of UC. Tina also talks about how important it is to share more about this, helping others along the way. Tune in!
- “I do think that a lot of hormonal imbalance comes down to your eating and how you’re living your life. Hormonal imbalance doesn’t come out of nowhere and usually is a result of something that is happening in the body.” – Tina Haupert
- Tina tells everything about how she got to do what she does right now, helping other women find balance and healing their metabolism;
- Tina talks about the importance of showing yourself, being vulnerable, and sharing your story – it can help others too;
- Important things to pay attention to when it comes to gut health and bathroom habits – learn how to identify some things that are happening;
- Tina talks about the idea that has become popular recently, which is consuming water around mealtime;
- What are some of the best practices for hormone testing (learn about DUTCH testing) and what are some tips to keep gut health balanced;
- Tina talks about probiotics, supplements, macronutrients, and the concept of her book ‘The Everything Macro Diet Cookbook’.
Doors are open for Master Your Nutrition, Master Your Body. We start 4/25!
Join this 8-week program here: www.ambershaw.com/dietssuck
About Tina Haupert
Tina Haupert is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner (FDN-P), certified nutrition coach, cookbook author, and the creative mind behind Carrots ‘N’ Cake—a popular healthy living blog that chronicles her adventures, workouts, and recipes, all while sharing how you can have your carrots and eat your cake, too. Tina works one-on-one with clients, utilizing hormone testing and a macro-based approach to help them enhance their metabolism and diet to achieve their health and body composition goals. Tina was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis 10 years ago and is also an active IBD advocate.
Connect with Tina
Book: The Everything Macro Diet Cookbook by Tina Haupert
Facebook: Carrots ‘N’ Cake Community Group
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works with helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber
Facebook: Amber Shaw