The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 061: A to Z Guide on Carbohydrate Intake for Weight Loss
Carbohydrates (commonly known as carbs) are an important component of the nutrition spectrum that our body needs to keep functioning properly. Used by the body as the main source of energy – and for that reason, is extremely valuable before physical activities. Carbohydrates are not very popular when the topic is weight loss. It’s an important macronutrient that ends up being demonized, but why?
In this episode of The Wellness Revolution Podcast, Amber dives deep into this topic, explaining the best practices when it comes to carbohydrate consumption. When trying to lose weight, it’s recommended to consume less processed and less refined carbohydrates and try to focus more on food portions sizes. Amber also explains that the quality of the food and the source of the carbohydrate matters as well. Tune in!
- “It is real that we cannot afford any longer to not be paying attention to the quality of our food and so I do believe that the quality of our food matters. […] I’m always operating in coaching from the place of ‘food is medicine’.” – Amber Shaw
- People tend to demonize carbohydrates and label it as being a “bad” macronutrient, which is far from the truth;
- Food is medicine and it should be treated this way; The quality of the food also matters and it’s not only a matter of “calories in, calories out”;
- Amber explains that less processed and less refined carbohydrates will benefit weight loss goals more;
- Amber gives examples of less refined carbohydrates that can be good for you and can assist in weight loss;
- Instead of logging in food and weighting everything, try to focus on food portions and don’t stress too much about it;
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works with helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber
Facebook: Amber Shaw