The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 063: Finding Motivation to Exercise When You Have No Time
In order to exercise and take care of our health we need to make some changes, adjust, and choose what we want to prioritize. As much as our jobs take a lot of our productive time, the family and the kids need attention, and we feel super tired after a busy routine, our health should also be included in this equation. We cannot let ourselves and our wellbeing be the last thing on our to do list.
In this episode of The Wellness Revolution Podcast, Amber gives you tips and strategies to get a physical activity in even if you have no time and your schedule is all over the place, everyday. Oftentimes, we think that we need to find motivation to get to the gym and the truth is that the motivation will meet us there, after the first minutes of the workout. Start small, progress over time, and you’re good to go.
- “If you’ve got some fat loss goals and you’ve got some health goals and exercise is really hard for you to get in and you’re not doing it… I can’t sugarcoat this. At some point you’re just going to have to make it happen.” – Amber Shaw
- Exercise is really important for our health in general, and not just the appearance. Our entire body benefits from some movement;
- Amber explains that you need to own that you need to take care of you first and really make yourself your top priority;
- It’s important to start small, progress over time, and not try to do a lot of things or heavy exercise or exercise everyday, all at once;
- It’s also fundamental to prepare your body for the exercise and ‘get in the mood’. Sleep habits and nutrition habits must be taken into account;
- When we talk about exercising and getting fit to reach our goals, consistency is really the key and not perfection.
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works with helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber
Facebook: Amber Shaw
Free 7-Day Program: Little Black Dress Boot Camp