The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 068: How to Nail the Intermittent Fasting Lifestyle with Laurie Lewis
Intermittent fasting is an amazing tool we can all use to improve some key components of our health. Losing fat and losing weight are just two of some of these examples. In this episode of The Wellness Revolution, Amber welcomes Laurie Lewis, who is a specialist in intermittent fasting, living proof of the benefits of this eating modality, and a coach for several clients seeking the same evergreen changes.
Laurie explains that intermittent fasting is not a type of diet and should not be considered as such. It’s simply a tool that it’s there in the toolbox that makes it possible for anyone with this dream – yes, dream! – of eating all kinds of foods with zero guilt. From a nutrition standpoint, intermittent fasting ends up reducing the amount of calories consumed in a day by adjusting the ‘time window’ for meals. Tune in!
- “It’s exhilarating to watch how fasting stirs people towards those ‘healthier’ choices naturally.” – Laurie Lewis
- Laurie tells the listeners a little bit more about her story ever since she started to ask questions about her own nutrition and whether the way she was eating was in fact ‘healthy’ or not;
- Laurie explains some of the first benefits that she felt experimenting with intermittent fasting, some of the benefits that her clients feel, and how long it took for her to start feeling good again;
- What does it mean to fast in a ‘clean’ way, the do’s and don’ts of fasting ‘clean’, and examples of foods and liquids allowed with this approach;
- Laurie advises all the listeners to try and see what works best for them. None of the tools we can use to take better care of our health are a magic pill and we may have to experiment;
- What if someone who wants to try intermittent fasting is already undereating? Amber and Laurie give us different points of view on this topic.
Delay, Don’t Deny by Gin Stephens
Fast. Feast. Repeat. by Gin Stephens
- Grab your FREE 7 Day Little Black Dress Bootcamp Program: ambershaw.com/little-black-dress-bootcamp
About Laurie Lewis
For Intermittent Fasting Coach and Author, Laurie Lewis, menopause dealt a crushing blow — brain fog, lack of balance, memory loss, and the sudden gain of 50 pounds of stubborn hormonal fat. She tried everything she knew to feel better, and the methods that worked in the past made no difference. After four years of struggle, Laurie stumbled upon Intermittent Fasting and started fasting that very same day. The menopausal fog lifted in less than one week, she had more energy and felt more “like herself.” She lost 51 pounds in 15 months and has kept it off for years! Now, at 57-years old, Laurie has turned her personal success into the premier thriving Intermittent Fasting coaching business. As a certified health coach (Institute for Integrative Nutrition) she combines her knowledge of nutrition with deep research and practice of Time Restricted Eating. Laurie guides her clients with a dream come true — eat the foods you love and enjoy the rest of your life feeling vibrantly well.
Connect with Laurie
Website: www.fastforwardwellness.com | bit.ly/fastingworkbook
Facebook: Laurie Lewis NYC
LinkedIn: Laurie Lewis NYC
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works with helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber
Facebook: Amber Shaw