The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 069: Start Taking Radical Ownership of Your Life Now
Are there things that you allow in your life just to get validation from others? This is a question worth asking before listening to today’s episode. In this episode of The Wellness Revolution, Amber talks about this concept of taking ‘radical ownership’ of your choices, your actions, and, therefore, your reality. The things we let present in our routines and daily life will define whom we will become, even if it seems like they won’t.
Avoiding our own wants and needs, not paying attention to our own health, and not prioritizing ourselves on a daily basis are the main factors to get unsatisfied with our lives. Amber explains that in order to change that, we first need to be aware of it and then ask why. Why do we put our names at the bottom of our to-do list? When it comes to fitness/health, the whole idea becomes even more important, right? Tune in!
- “When we hear things that we don’t like, it can be very easy to shut down and come up with excuses and move on and ignore and all the things. But that’s not where the growth happens.” – Amber Shaw
- Amber explains how fundamental it is to take ownership of our lives, meaning, start doing right now the things that will bring us the result we desire;
- Not prioritizing ourselves is the reason for a lot of disruptive feelings, such as a lack of self-worth and self-confidence;
- There are many things that we allow in our lives just to get validation from others. We should first become aware of those things, ask why do we keep them around, and then make an effort to change;
- FREE Guide on Intermittent Fasting: ambershaw.com/fasting
- Get your Magnesium L-Threonate from Cymbiotika here, and use code AMBER15 for 15% OFF
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works with helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber
Facebook: Amber Shaw