The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 071: The Power of Permission: How to Make a Lifestyle Shift
The idea of The Power of Permission will completely transform your relationship with food, set you on the path to healing that relationship, and experience the freedom you may have not thought was possible. When we have a past with chronic dieting, the internal dialogue that we have with ourselves in regards to food can be really painful, and full of shame and guilt. The real key here is to make a mindset shift, actually give yourself permission, and trust yourself to make the choice of what you want to eat. Listen to your body and your cravings, and realize that you are in control of what you put into your body. This might sound counterproductive to weight loss, but the mindset shift that happens here is truly magical.
It’s science: When we tell ourselves we can’t have something, we want it more! By giving yourself permission to listen to what your body is craving, you will be surprised at your choices to satisfy those cravings. In this episode, Amber explains exactly how you can take back your power and make a true lifestyle change that will completely transform how you view food and cravings. We’re not about restriction and being miserable here on The Wellness Revolution podcast. It’s time to experience freedom surrounding your food and feel good about the choices you are making to nourish your body.
Tune in to know more!
- “This one mindset shift of giving yourself permission, it really can be the very first step into that effortless and sustainable lifestyle that I know so many of you listening are absolutely craving for.” – Amber Shaw
- Amber explains this concept of The Power of Permission, a.k.a. the importance of giving ourselves permission to enjoy life and enjoy some type of food or snack that we’re craving;
- This requires practice and a lot of self-talk but it’s important to start every time we are presented with an opportunity;
- Amber explains that it’s also important to trust ourselves to make smart choices and be conscious of the quantity and quality of the food we’re about to go for.
- FREE Guide on Intermittent Fasting: ambershaw.com/fasting
- Get your Magnesium L-Threonate from Cymbiotika here, and use code AMBER15 for 15% OFF
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works with helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber
Facebook: Amber Shaw