The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 078: The Power of a Do-over with Danny-J
From paralyzed acrobat to successful speaker, coach, and podcast host, Amber’s guest today, Danny-J, knows the significance of a do-over when life gives you a crap deal. Mama, we are getting vulnerable in today’s episode and talking about the power (and the need) for a do-over in our lives.
As coaches, Danny-J and Amber both know the power of a client figuring out what is truly bothering them, getting past it, and growing from it can do to that client’s overall wellbeing and personal growth. That is something that, as individuals, we can control. But what happens when life decides to take a *insert poop emoji* on us? What happens when it is out of our control? Loss of a job. Loss of a loved one. Loss of a marriage. Is this hitting home, Mama?
In today’s interview, Danny-J comes to the rescue by describing how to get a do-over. A do-over is different from starting over, it is a mindset shift with a positive outlook. A do-over is something we get to do– we get to try again with a different outcome in mind. It is us saying, “New ‘do, new me,” after we get our hair colored.
But how do we get this oh-so-magical, do-over life makeover? By realizing that this setback (whatever it may be) is a GIFT. We have to grieve. We are allowed to be sad. Any kind of loss in life is worthy of acknowledgment. As we grieve, we should look for Insights– are there any lessons to be learned out of this? Then, we should Forgive. Listen, Mama, Danny-J and Amber both stress that Forgiveness is NOT for the other person, it is for you. You are not letting that person have power over you any longer. Finally, we need to Trust. Trust is something that we should have in ourselves, and ultimately, trust overall that everything is as it should be or will be. These moments in life are setbacks and using this framework we can turn those setbacks into fuel that ignites our do-over.
You in, Mama? Tune in for more!
- “Forgiveness is not about letting someone else off the hook, it’s really releasing their tie on you and it’s really for you.” –Danny-J
- Meet Danny-J, a college graduate turned acrobat that became paralyzed and had a long healing journey, but within a year was able to walk again. Danny-J is now a successful coach, speaker and the co-host of the Best Life Podcast;
- If we notice something is blocking our way to success, the block may be emotional or mental rather than physical, it is necessary for us to figure this out on our own rather than someone tell us;
- After she found out her husband was having an affair, Do-over Danny came to life and brought to light what a properly executed do-over can do for our overall well-being and personal growth
- Setbacks are a secret gift to a do-over. This is mentioned in Danny-J’s TED Talk as she also mentions her framework to carry out a successful do-over, GIFT;
- Forgiveness is something that is ongoing. It is not a “one and done” event. Even though forgiveness is for us and not the other person, it may be something that turns into a daily practice. If you don’t think you are capable of actually forgiving someone try the baby step of “I am willing to be able to forgive,”;
- Another possibility for mental or emotional healing could be ayahuasca or other plant ceremonies, Amber and Danny talk about this in detail, and Danny-J also has a full podcast episode on the Best Life Podcast over this topic if you are interested.
- Join the waitlist to get all the details on a brand new high-touch mentorship: www.ambershaw.com/mentor
- Cymbiotika discount code CLICK HERE: AMBER15
About Danny-J Johnson
Danny-J is an award-winning entrepreneur, keynote speaker, podcast host and storyteller. As the former founder of The Sweaty Betties, an online fitness community, Danny-J discovered the most effective method for capturing attention and increasing revenue—sharing personal and brand stories. Danny-J’s work can be heard in her weekly show, The Best Life Podcast and can be followed in real time on all the social media platforms. As a true example of “Truth is Stranger than Fiction” she uses her real “Jerry Springer Life” stories to engage with her audience, teach life lessons and inspire others to rewrite their stories and begin again. Danny-J now teaches innovative brands and influencers to close more sales, become better leaders and blow up their brands with the irresistible power of vulnerability. A true expert in starting over, she will help anyone recognize the gift of a Do-Over.
Connect with Danny-J
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works with helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber
Facebook: Amber Shaw