The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 083: Radically Loving Yourself
In this episode, Amber is being vulnerable and transparent about a topic that most (if not, all) of us need to hear. We need to show ourselves some radical self-love.
As Amber says, radical is another way of saying we unapologetically appreciate our bodies. Had some kids? Got up a flight of stairs? Damn, your body did that. We put our bodies through the wringer. To be able to love ourselves fully– we need to give our bodies some well-deserved appreciation.
That’s all well and good, Amber, but do you have a way to actually do this? Thanks for asking– of course! Amber admittedly states that this is something she struggles with to this day! This can be a hard pill to swallow, but through consistency of using some small, self-love tools that Amber gives us, it is a process that can get easier with time.
First up, find some things that you *love* about your physical appearance and write them down. Lean in, Mama. You can find something to put on that list, no matter how small. Next, it’s time for some mirror affirmations. This is where we actually take the time to affirm what our bodies do for us.
We are complex beings. Because of that, our self-worth should not be tied to a number on the scale or the size of our clothes.
You in, Mama? Tune in for more!
- “I think when you love yourself wholly… you want to make better choices for your body. I do think you want to make healthier choices to your body. You speak nicer to yourself. You take care of yourself more. I think that’s what’s key for sustainable weight loss.” –Amber Shaw
- Sometimes when you notice some negative thoughts you are having toward yourself, it requires you to recognize it and have a conversation with yourself to correct it.
- We have to be able to love ourselves from within and try not to attach our happiness to physical attributes.
- When we are able to express radical self-love for ourselves, healthier and better choices are made as well as thoughts changing from negative to positive.
- We shouldn’t be turning a blind eye toward our health for the sake of body positivity.
- The body neutrality movement may be a better approach for us that can’t find a way to “love” anything about our bodies… yet.
- Self-love is not an overnight process. It takes consistent practice with the tools Amber shares with us.
- Amber’s free intermittent fasting guide: ambershaw.com/fasting
- Get the Beauty & Gut Collagen+ by MindBodyGreen (CODE: wellnessrevolution15) https://shop.mindbodygreen.com/
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works with helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber
Facebook: Amber Shaw