The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 085: How Do You Pull Yourself Out and Get Back on Track?
In this episode, Amber unpacks a common hurdle that many people face when it comes to following a nutrition plan: getting through the weekend without falling off-track!
It’s tough to avoid the temptation to binge over the weekend with friends or family, then attempt to justify it later on by telling yourself that it was just a “cheat meal”… before proceeding to the next binge, resulting in a full-on cheat day!
Then, once Monday rolls around – along with those inevitable feelings of shame and guilt – you punish yourself by severely cutting back on your calories and spending an additional half-hour on the treadmill to “make up” for overindulging over the past couple of days.
That knee-jerk urge to restrict yourself after a weekend of binging is part and parcel of diet mentality – something that Amber reminds us is an unproductive and sometimes even dangerous mindset to live by in the long run.
Still, it’s inevitable that we veer off-course on our journey every now and again. The question, then, is: How do we get back on track?
Ready for the answer, Mama? Tune in for more!
- “If you’re stuck in the ‘I’m not allowed to have that’ box, you’re never going to get to the next level – what I consider ‘Lifestyle 2.0.” –Amber Shaw
- The neverending roller coaster of weekly binging and restricting is not only unhealthy, but also unrealistic as an attempt to “catch up” to your health goals.
- Always keep the satisfaction factor in mind when preparing your meals. The main reason we fall off-track and our willpower fizzles out is because the track we’re trying to stay on sucks! Make it a point to enjoy your meals and you won’t have to worry about getting derailed.
- There are no “good” foods and “bad” foods. Instead, tell yourself: “I’m a grown-ass woman and I can eat whatever I want.” Make this your affirmation. It’s an absolute game-changer!
- Diet mentality will keep you stuck in Lifestyle 1.0. Get out of that restrictive box, choose the food you enjoy every time, and supercharge your progress with Lifestyle 2.0!
- Amber’s free intermittent fasting guide: ambershaw.com/fasting
- Get the Beauty & Gut Collagen+ by MindBodyGreen (CODE: wellnessrevolution15) https://shop.mindbodygreen.com/
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works with helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber
Facebook: Amber Shaw