The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 086: How to Improve Your Brain Health with Neurologist Dr. Philippe Douyon
In this episode, Amber is talking to board certified neurologist, Dr. Philippe Douyon. Together, they break down the science behind neuroplasticity, how to improve your neurological health through simple action steps, and what you can do as a woman to take care of your brain and live a long, healthy life.
As Philippe says, there’s so much more we can do for people besides prescribing them a pill or taking them to the operating room. So many neurological disorders are developed from lifestyle decisions. Thus, Philippe created The Inle BrainFit Institute to help create exercise and nutrition regimens for patients based on their medical and neurological needs. Dr. Douyon’s BrainFit app also helps teach people everything that impacts their neurological, mental, and medical health. Philippe even has a course that enables you to Take Charge of Your Brain.
So, how can we take charge of our brain starting TODAY? As a patient himself, Philippe has applied the lessons he’s learned as a patient to the people he’s serving and taking care of. One of the biggest lessons he’s learned is the importance of taking time to get to know the factors that are impacting one’s health and teaching them how to overcome the challenges they face.
Are you ready to take charge of your brain health? Tune in to learn more!
- If you don’t have access to holistic or functional medicine doctors, Philippe says you have to be dedicated to taking good care of yourself every day so you can stay healthy and avoid landing in a hospital. Improving your brain health today starts with actionable diet and lifestyle changes.
- You need someone in your close circle that can advocate for you during doctor/hospital visits. Having a person, or multiple people, that can fight for you is HUGE in reaching the health outcomes you want.
- To improve and/or maintain your brain health, movement and exercise (that you enjoy) is #1 – particularly aerobic exercise and resistance training. Living a sedentary lifestyle actually causes your brain to shrink! Minimizing stress, meditating, breathwork, eating healthy foods, drinking plenty of water, getting enough quality (deep) sleep, and learning new things can all improve brain health and decrease your risk of developing Alzheimer’s and other diseases.
- Cosmetic plastic surgery and drinking alcohol can negatively affect neurological health and neuroplasticity. Listen in to hear why Philippe believes that “one glass of wine a day” is total BS!
- The Inle BrainFit Institute
- Take Charge of Your Brain course
- Dr. Douyon’s BrainFit app
- Neuroplasticity: Your Brain’s Superpower by Philippe Douyon MD
- Amber’s Little Black Dress Bootcamp: ambershaw.com/little-black-dress-bootcamp
- Cymbiotika discount code, use code AMBER15
Connect with Philippe
Facebook: Philippe Douyon, MD
LinkedIn: Dr. Philippe Douyon
Connect with Amber
Facebook: Amber Shaw