The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 091: Don’t Get Stuck In the Weeds
In this episode Amber explains why achieving significant physical changes is less about getting every little detail right and more about consistently making a bunch of good choices—no matter how small they might be—over the long haul.
It’s true that, on our health and wellness journey, there is always more to learn, and a little more discipline gained over time makes a big difference. But that’s exactly Amber’s point: Transformations don’t happen overnight!
She reminds us in today’s episode to not sweat the small stuff. In other words, refuse to get caught up in the weeds.
It’s when we get hung up on minutiae that paralysis holds us back from making progress. If there’s anything we actually need to focus on, it’s the fundamentals.
Listen in as Amber reveals exactly what these big dial movers are and how you can optimize each of them in your own life!
- Sustainable change is not about perfection. It’s about making consistent, incremental changes over time.
- Sleep is, hands down, the most important thing you can do for your body.
- If there was just one thing you can do to improve your nutrition today, it would be eating less packaged food.
- For women especially, strength training three-to-four days a week is the fastest way to see changes in your body.
- 30% of your daily calories in protein is a great rule of thumb.
- Dedicate every non-strength training day to restorative activity, whether it be yoga, a hike, or even just a walk in the park. It’s not just a great approach to active rest, but restorative activities also aid in hormone balance because they counteract those hard training days in-between.
- Amber’s free intermittent fasting guide: ambershaw.com/fasting
- Get the Beauty & Gut Collagen+ by MindBodyGreen by going to this link: MindBodyGreen and using CODE: wellnessrevolution15
Connect with Amber