The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 093: How to Simplify Your Nutrition Habits
In this episode, Amber talks about how important it is to stop overcomplicating nutrition and try to make everything easier. On our health journey, it’s really easy to pay attention to a lot of coaches, mentors, and influencers – especially on social media – and be bombarded with an absurd amount of tips, rules, and nutrition information.
For that reason, you might have picked up all of them to finally stay on track and get results but the reality is you just made it more complicated. And it’s not your fault: the diet culture makes everything more complicated.
So, in this episode, Amber gives you an assignment: make a list of all the rules you think you need to follow to get results and cross out the ones that don’t matter, or that are too unimportant to be effective, or that are too small. We need to be paying attention to the big dial-movers when it comes to losing weight (the ones that make sense). So before quitting carbs after 7 p.m. or being obsessive about sodium intake, for example, ask yourself: Did I drink enough water today? Am I consuming enough protein and veggies?
This basic stuff is way more important than all the tips you gathered from other people alongside your journey. Being discerning about what’s important and what’s not is the first step to your health goals!
- Being bombarded with so much information about nutrition can make the whole process more complicated than it is;
- When it comes to weight loss goals start with the basics and stop focusing on what doesn’t matter. This will increase your confidence and your daily consistency;
- Make an inventory of all the rules you follow to get results. Choose 3 Daily Nutritional Commitments (DNCs) to follow regularly. For example: stop being worried about supplements if you don’t drink enough water.
- If you’re having a hard time finding what’s important and what’s not, ask yourself: what makes sense?
- To follow your DNCs consistently, they need to be effortless, enjoyable, and effective.
- Amber’s free intermittent fasting guide: ambershaw.com/fasting
- Get the Beauty & Gut Collagen+ by MindBodyGreen by going to this link: MindBodyGreen and using CODE: wellnessrevolution15
Connect with Amber