The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 095: How to Handle and Deal with Grief
In this episode, Amber talks about how to deal with and handle different types of grief. Whether it’s a relationship breakup, a divorce, or a death in the family, the grieving process can hit us hard. Our body does not differentiate pain so every trauma despite being different from one another, has similar effects on our behavior.
It’s also interesting to make a parallel between all these types of grief and the sense of loss we get from each one of them because we are indeed losing something (or someone) in our lives. There will be part of your life you will feel is missing, and that’s ok. One of the most important things we can do for ourselves is to allow ourselves to go through the process – as a way of healing.
The only way is through.
To help you handle these difficult times, Amber shares a few tools that will help ease your mind. Acknowledging and accepting grief are the main steps, Amber says, and it’s also important to remember that as time goes by, we all learn how to handle grief more easily. Tune in!
- We can feel grief in many ways and from many situations. When we talk about breakups, some abandonment issues can come to the surface as well;
- Our body doesn’t differentiate pain; different traumas can cause similar reactions in the body and similar feelings of sadness;
- It’s normal to go through the grieving process as a way of healing. We need to allow ourselves to go through this process in our own time;
- As time goes by you respond to trauma with more grace;
- Amber shares a few tools that might help you deal with grief;
- One of the easiest ways to handle grief is coming up with a mantra. One of Amber’s favorites is that “we are exactly where we are supposed to be”.
- Click here to join the FREE 2-day event on September 12th and 13th: ambershaw.com/wellness-revolution-event
- Get the Beauty & Gut Collagen+ by MindBodyGreen by going to this link: MindBodyGreen and using CODE: wellnessrevolution15
Connect with Amber