The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 106: Psychedelics Used as Therapeutic Medicine with Dorna Pourang
Eastern cultures and religions have utilized psychedelics for thousands of years for medicinal purposes. On today’s episode, Amber talks with Dorna Pourang about why the use of psychedelics is gaining so much attention and popularity. However, there is still a lot of stigma surrounding this topic due to a lack of education.
The use of psychedelics requires a lot of pre-work and preparation that goes into these therapies. In addition, Dorna discusses the studies and research currently underway to provide a safe and legal experience for patients. She also explains the major difference between assisted professional administration of these medications and recreational use. There are several states in the process of decriminalizing the use of psychedelics and making it accessible for mental health stability and quality.
Lastly, Amber and Dorna dive into how psychedelics teach you to process and regulate feelings of sadness and negativity and learn how to work with it. The society we live in today has programmed us to automatically make it seem like we are always “ok”. However, it’s beneficial to accept the space you’re in and to learn to move through life with those experiences. If you’ve been curious about psychedelics and how they could be beneficial to your health, then you don’t want to miss this episode!
- What are psychedelics and how do they support health?
- The differences between recreational use and professional administration of psychedelics
- How you can implement some of the benefits in your everyday life through consuming MUD|WTR, a coffee alternative
- Clarifying the stigmas and misconceptions when it comes to psychedelics
- The war on drugs in the U.S. and where we are now
- Get the Beauty & Gut Collagen+ by MindBodyGreen by going to this link: MindBodyGreen and using CODE: wellnessrevolution15
- Amber’s Little Black Dress Bootcamp: ambershaw.com/little-black-dress-bootcamp
Connect with Dorna Pourang:
LinkedIn: Dorna Pourang
Connect with Amber: