The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 121: Ditching Negative Self-Talk
It is so important for us to distinguish between the truth and the false stories we have created in our head. Those stories can lead us to talk very negatively to ourselves and constantly put ourselves down by thinking that we aren’t good enough, or are not doing enough. It is about time we ditch that negative self talk track we tend to play in our brains, and learn how to have compassion for ourselves. This episode is a follow up to Amber’s previous solo episode 119 in which she dove into a topic that came up in one of her coaching sessions. In this episode, Amber covers the topic of learning to love yourself for who you are without having your happiness tied to external and variable things.
Our upbringing plays a huge role in the thought patterns that we carry into adulthood, even if we don’t feel as though we have major traumas or events in our lives that would impact us so significantly. Being bullied as a child, or having someone make a comment about our size can become imprinted on us and without realizing it, we store those thoughts and ideas and let them dictate how we feel about ourselves. It is time we stop doing that and become aware of the fact that these negative thoughts about ourselves are not serving us.
Happiness is an inside job, so the key is to become aware of how we talk to ourselves, discover the origin of the way we feel about ourselves, and have compassion for the younger version of us that was shaped by events in our life. Then, we have to untie our happiness from any external factors such as our weight, other people, or anything else that isn’t who we are inside, which is a badass mama that deserves to feel amazing in her skin.
- Amber’s recap of a recent coaching session she had in which a client told her she was struggling with negative self-talk while trying on new clothes
- How our childhood shapes our thoughts as adults
- If your happiness is tied to something external, such as your weight, you will never feel it is enough
- Knowing the origin story of your negative self talk, gives you compassion for your younger self
- Amber’s Little Black Dress Bootcamp: ambershaw.com/little-black-dress-bootcamp
- Kroma Wellness 5-Day Reset -Use code AMBER for 15% off: kromawellness.com
- Book: Happy Days by Gabby Bernstein
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works with helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber