The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 129: Skin Care in a New and Natural Way with Dr. Anu Thubagere
If you are like Amber, you might have tried all the skincare products and treatments that promise even and glowy skin. However, when you keep trying new things that promise everyone, including people with different skin types than you, that they will address your skin needs, it’s hard to land on a product that with really work for you.
A scientist, bioengineer, and Leukemia survivor, Dr. Anu Thubagere joins Amber on the podcast today to talk about iuno, the skin protocol she has created that uses the science of proteomics to analyze the user’s unique protein patterns and treat your unique skin concerns.
The product is tailored to you and changes based on your lifestyle, including the weather where you are and seasonal changes. Unlike laser treatments or other common skincare trends, this product is highly customized and natural. Since the product is sealed from the air, it doesn’t require any preservatives or shelf stabilizers. This use of solely pure ingredients keeps the product clean. Consequently, this product is safe for anyone with sensitive skin.
Dr. Thubagere and her team understand that lifestyle changes can change your body’s proteins, which will show up on your skin, so using the same products every day is not viable. The reason iuno works is because it was made specifically for you, and to meet your needs better, the formulation is tweaked every month. As a DNA-based, noninvasive, and natural skincare line, iuno truly goes against the grain.
- Why iuno works, what is in it, and what it is designed to do
- How iuno differs from Intense Pulsed Light Therapy (IPL Treatment)
- How does iuno fit into clean beauty?
- How lifestyle changes affect your skin and when you need different products
- The skincare issues iuno targets
- The impact that being diagnosed with Leukemia had on Dr. Thubagere’s research and development of the technology
- Creating a product that allows women to decompress at the end of the day and that works on their skin while they sleep
- What Dr. Thubagere recommends for skincare in the morning
- Thubagere’s home, life, and work routines
- Amber’s free intermittent fasting guide: ambershaw.com/fasting
- Get your own Serenity gummies and discover more CURED Nutrition products at: curednutrition.com and use code AMBER10 for 10% off
“They were looking at how leukemia was manifesting … The doctors were basically looking at all these different symptoms but didn’t really look at the root cause.” – Dr. Thubagere
“We’ve paid extra attention because we think science is sexy. I think science can be super sexy, so our product is walking that line between being sciency, having high efficacy, but the user experience … has been at the forefront of product development for us.” – Dr. Thubagere
“I think it’s so important to take that step back and decompress and not be so reactive to everything.” – Dr. Thubagere
Connect with Dr. Anu Thubagere and learn more about iuno:
LinkedIn: Dr. Anu Thubagere
Connect with Amber