The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 134: Necessary Shifts for Achieving Sustainable Weight Loss (Part 1 of 5)
As someone that was always chasing diets and falling off the wagon, Amber knows what it is like to go through the same cycle of hating her body, feeling miserable about her relationship with food, and having disordered eating habits. Being in a constant emotional purgatory with food and her body left Amber feeling so defeated and worried that she would always live in this vicious cycle. She became convinced that life would always feel this way until she made shifts in her life that allowed her to begin her journey to sustainable weight loss and finally find food freedom. Amber will share the 5 shifts needed to achieve sustainable weight loss in this 5 part series.
This episode is part 1 of this series and features the very first big shift that needs to happen to be able to make this a lifestyle and not just another fad diet that will leave you miserable. A huge part of Amber’s coaching is mindset because if we don’t get our mindset in check, making real and sustainable change won’t happen. The first big shift you need to make is recognizing that diets cause weight gain. This might seem counterintuitive, but let’s think about it. While it’s true that diets may work in the short term due to calorie restriction, it is not something that you can stick to long term, which leads many to fall back into old habits and end up feeling even worse than they felt before.
The first thing to realize is that creating a sustainable lifestyle is about playing the long game. This won’t be a quick fix, but it will be so worth it when you feel confident, love the body you’re in, have a healthy relationship with food, don’t feel restricted, and actually feel satisfied with the meals you eat on a daily basis. Doesn’t that sound amazing? Well, let me tell you, reaching that point can happen for you if you make these 5 shifts and build a lifestyle that is effortless and absolutely sustainable. Tune in each week on Monday for Amber’s solo episodes to hear the rest of these 5 shifts needed to keep the weight off and get off the diet train for good.
Quote from the episode:
- “Sustainable weight loss is not about perfection. It is about being consistent. Being consistent most of the time, over time with the big dial movers.” – Amber Shaw
- Amber’s experience of constantly being in a cycle of either dieting or “falling off the wagon”
- Amber shares that she was convinced she would always feel this way until she finally made these 5 shifts
- Amber’s clients are all busy and educated professionals that know what they should be doing, but need guidance to make mindset shifts and be held accountable
- Amber shares the first big shift you need to make: Recognizing that diets cause weight gain
- The problem with most diets
- Diet mentality creates an “all or nothing” mentality and that is not going to work realistically
- How do we become consistent in a way that feels doable and satisfying?
- Get your own Serenity gummies and discover more CURED Nutrition products at: curednutrition.com and use code AMBER10 for 10% off
- Amber’s Little Black Dress Bootcamp Program: ambershaw.com/little-black-dress-bootcamp
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Mind and Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber