The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 149: Breaking Free from Unhelpful Patterns
In this episode of The Wellness Revolution, Amber interviews entrepreneur, psychotherapist, podcast host, and bestselling author, Alison Lager. Alison has her own struggles with body image and disordered eating, so her heart resonates with girls and women of all ages who struggle with this. Alison is passionate about helping other women understand that they can change their programming and break free from the unhelpful perspectives and patterns that have been ingrained in them for so long.
Alison talks about how powerful the words we use with ourselves can be, and she shares some practical exercises that anyone can do to start approaching their body from a place of love and start the healing process.
Alison explains that is just a symptom of our deeper needs, and that our perspective about food and our body often comes from programming that has been instilled in us. She believes that it’s never too late to break free from the thoughts of never being enough, body image and food issues, and the stress that comes along with it. Alison’s work has helped many women realize their power, and heal from their struggles and this episode is packed with insights that can be useful for anyone feeling at war with their body.
If you are a woman struggling with body image or food issues, or you are someone looking to create a more positive relationship with yourself, then this episode is for you. Alison shares the techniques, rituals and exercises she uses with her own clients that anyone can implement. Join Amber as she talks to Alison Lager about the power of self-love, how to overcome the struggles we all face, and how to heal ourselves and create beautiful things from the pain.
- Alison’s personal story and how she overcame the programming that made her feel unworthy since childhood
- Practical tools and practices that women can adopt to better connect with their mind and body
- The significance of developing an honest and integrated relationship with our bodies
- How to take control of your self-confidence and not let emotions dictate self-worth
- The power of truth as a pathway to freedom
- Turning pain into something beautiful
- “Truth is a pathway to all freedom.”
- “If we let our feelings be in charge we can really be in trouble.”
- “I ask them to give their binge or their eating thing that they are upset with a voice, because If we don’t say it, we eat it.”
- “Pain is an incredible gift because it is always something that creates something incredible in us if we allow it and understand that it always ends.”
- Amber’s Little Black Dress Bootcamp: ambershaw.com/little-black-dress-bootcamp
- Kroma Wellness 5-Day Reset – Use code AMBER for 15% off: kromawellness.com
Connect with Alison:
Podcast: Alison Answers Mission Awake
Get Alison’s book: The Wake-Up Call
Join Alison’s Women of Excellence FB group
Connect with Amber