The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 151: Hormone Optimization and Peptide Therapies for Women with Katy Whalen
In this episode of The Wellness Revolution, Amber chats with Katy Whalen, CEO of Joi Women’s Wellness, an operation that focuses on hormone optimization and peptide therapies for women. Women often experience hormone imbalances, particularly after the age of 40, but these issues are frequently dismissed by doctors or attributed to menopause without further investigation. Katy discusses the symptoms associated with hormonal imbalances, such as anxiety, mood swings, and sleeping difficulties, and outlines effective treatment options for women experiencing symptoms related to low levels of estrogen or progesterone.
While conventional medicine may be a viable option, it is crucial not to ignore alternative options that may work better for an individual’s specific needs. Women should be their own advocates and search for informed healthcare providers. Katy emphasizes the critical lifestyle factors that significantly affect hormonal health and metabolic function, urging women to take a proactive approach to self-care and find healthcare providers who can assist them in maintaining their health.
At Joi, Katy customizes treatment plans for each client based on their unique needs, rather than taking a one-size-fits-all approach, and she talks about how Joi can help women on their health journey.
Katy is passionate about the fact that women do not need to settle for just feeling okay or mediocre and should strive for optimal health and wellness. For those who feel like their body is out of their control and are looking for ways to relieve their symptoms, or simply want to improve their overall health and wellbeing, this podcast episode is a must-listen.
- Katy’s personal journey of experiencing hormone imbalances and how it led her to found Joi Women’s Wellness to help other women struggling with similar issues
- The importance of doing your own research and advocating for your health and wellness
- Katy explains what peptides are and how peptide therapy works
- Katy shares her own self-care practices and important factors that impact women’s health
- The various symptoms and challenges women face during different stages of life and how women can take care of themselves during these stages
- How testosterone can be helpful for women
- How Joi can partner with women on their health journey
- “I think the 40s is really, you know, an opportunity to make sure the rest of your life looks and feels a lot better and more vital.”
- “You know how you should feel and you listen to it and act on it and be your own advocate.”
- Join Amber’s FREE 2-day event happening April 4th & 5th: ambershaw.com/wellness-revolution-event
- Kroma Wellness 5-Day Reset – Use code AMBER for 15% off: kromawellness.com
Connect with Katy Whalen:
Connect with Amber