The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 158: Unpacking the Nutrition Pitfalls of High-Achieving Women (Part 1)
On this episode of “The Wellness Revolution”, Amber kicks off a series exploring the reasons high-achieving women struggle with staying consistent with their nutrition. Despite looking like she had everything under control, Amber has dealt with her own body image issues, and she understands her clients’ struggles. Her approach focuses on retraining the brain and creating new habits that become a part of your identity, making it possible to lose and keep off weight sustainably.
This episode covers the first pitfall high-achieving women face when it comes to staying consistent with nutrition: the all-or-nothing mentality. One characteristic of high-achieving women is the perfectionistic mentality, which can be a double-edged sword. While it can be a strong suit, it can also be a downfall because it leads to an all-or-nothing mentality that bleeds into nutrition and exercise. If you relate to this mentality, this episode will increase your awareness and help you take the first step towards releasing this mindset.
The upcoming episode will address the second pitfall, so stay tuned.
In the meantime, don’t miss Amber’s previous episodes, where she shares tangible tips for healing the all-or-nothing mentality.
- Why high achieving professional women commonly face challenges with staying consistent with their nutrition
- How negative body image impacts your interpersonal relationships
- Why an identity shift is necessary for maintaining consistency with your health goals
- How perfectionism is sabotaging your progress
“Sustainable weight loss is more than just counting calories and counting macros. That can get you weight loss, but that’s not going to get you sustainable weight loss. Sustainable weight loss is more so about shifting your identity.”
- Join Amber’s FREE 2-day event happening April 4th & 5th: ambershaw.com/wellness-revolution-event
- Use code “Amber15” for a 15% discount on ceremonial-grade matcha and other wellness products at cymbiotika.com
- Kroma Wellness 5-Day Reset – Use code AMBER20 for 20% off: kromawellness.com
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Mind and Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber