The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 161: Accessing Your Inner Strength: The Power of Mindfulness and Yoga with Erin Gilmore
In this episode of the Wellness Revolution, Amber and Erin Gilmore discuss how trauma-informed yoga, meditation, and breathwork can help you reconnect with your inner self. Erin teaches Bhakti vinyasa yoga and specializes in trauma-informed yoga in San Francisco. Erin shares her personal journey of overcoming an eating disorder and how yoga helped her become more accessible to herself. Amber and Erin also explore the importance of gratitude, intention, nonviolent communication, and focusing on how you want to feel as a way to guide your actions toward tending to your needs.
We spend a lot of time being bombarded by messages from others that we do not spend the time to get into our body and reconnect with how we are feeling. Erin emphasizes the importance of having tools to reconnect with ourselves during moments of fear, self-doubt, and tension in relationships. She believes that incorporating these tools into your daily routine doesn’t have to be a daunting task. You can start with just five minutes a day, and a little bit goes a long way.
For those seeking additional resources to support their wellness journey, Erin shares about her Living Room Yoga sessions that are available online, as well as the Open app and website that offers mindfulness classes in breathwork, meditation, and movement. Be sure to check out the episode resources below for a discount code to receive 30 days of free access.
- Erin shares her personal journey of healing from disordered eating habits and how she reconnected with herself through yoga
- The importance of finding tools that work for you to practice radical acceptance of your body and life
- Amber and Erin explore the power of gratitude and provide creative ways to incorporate it into your daily routine
- The power of focusing on how you want to feel, rather than what you want to have, as a way to guide your actions
- Erin explains what nonviolent communication is and shares tips on how to gain the tools to control your nervous system.
- “We think it’s that it’s this perfect experience–once we step back into that size two jeans or once we have washboard abs, then we’ll be happy or once I get this much money in my bank account, then I’ll be happy… It’s this paralysis that we place our happiness over there in that house but it’s not over here.”
- “Stop. Breathe. Connect to how you’re feeling. Connect to how you’re feeling until you give a shit who in front of you is feeling what they’re feeling because if I’m not connecting to me, it’s very unlikely that I’m going to connect to you… that is the most fundamental thing that I hope anyone takes away from nonviolent communication… It is about an internal shift in you.”
- Amber’s Little Black Dress Bootcamp: ambershaw.com/little-black-dress-bootcamp
- Kroma Wellness 5-Day Reset: Use code AMBER for 15% off at kromawellness.com
- Get your Serenity gummies and discover more CURED Nutrition products at: curednutrition.com use code AMBER10 for 10% off
- Experience Open for 30 days free with promo code WELLNESSREVOLUTION. Link to claim: withopen.com/WELLNESSREVOLUTION
Connect with Erin Gilmore:
Connect with Amber