The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 184: Creatine: The Supplement Women Over 40 Need to Know About
If you’re a woman over 40, you’ve probably heard of creatine. It’s a supplement that’s been around for a while, but it’s only recently that we’ve started to understand the benefits it can have for women. In this episode of The Wellness Revolution Podcast, Amber shares why she started taking creatine, the benefits it can have for pre and post-menopausal women, and how you can get started taking it.
Amber explains that she recently started taking creatine after doing some testing with Wild Health. Wild Health is a functional medicine practice that uses your body’s genetic makeup and blood work to determine what your body needs. After doing the testing, they suggested she start taking creatine. Amber was a little hesitant at first because like you might be thinking, she had heard that creatine was something that bodybuilders took to get “swole” and that it can make you bloated or puffy. But after doing some research, it became apparent that creatine could have some great benefits for women.
For both pre-menopausal women and post-menopausal women, creatine has some remarkable benefits, both physical and mental. There is fascinating new research that indicates it may help reduce depression, enhance your mood, improve cognition, and more. It has also been shown to improve strength and bone density which we know is especially important after menopause.
Amber breaks down how you can get started with creatine, how much to take, and the amazing benefits it can have for you. Tune in for even more information. You got this mama!
- Join the FREE Consistency Challenge here!
- Cured Nutrition Products – Code AMBER for 15% OFF here!
- Amber invites you to try Wild Health by going to wildhealth.com/amber and use code AMBER20 for 20% off your membership
- PubMed article: Creatine Supplementation in Women’s Health: A Lifespan Perspective
- Why Amber started to take creatine and the benefits she has seen from taking it consistently
- Myths around creatine
- The recent research around creatine and how it can benefit pre and post-menopausal women
- How much creatine women should take per day
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Mind and Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber