The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 136: Necessary Shifts for Achieving Sustainable Weight Loss (Part 2 of 5)
This episode is part 2 of Amber’s series about shifts that are necessary to achieve sustainable weight loss that is effortless and most of all, works for you. If you haven’t already tuned in to part 1, make sure you check that out here. The first shift that is needed to achieve sustainable weight loss, is realizing that diets do not work. The second part is to stop focusing on weight loss. It has been proven that solely focusing on the end result of a goal is not what actually gets us there. The key is to focus on the process, which means working backward and figuring out what you need to do in order to reach your goal.
Another really important factor to mention is that the process needs to be tailored to your lifestyle or you’ll have a really hard time sticking with it. If you are trying to follow the routines and lifestyle of some influencer online, and you find yourself struggling to stay on track, it’s probably just not for you, and that’s okay. You don’t need to work out at 5 AM just because someone on Instagram said so. When you are trying to establish habits that work for your life, it is not about what works for someone else, it’s about honoring and recognizing that your life is unique, so we want to find what is ideal for YOU.
If you find yourself constantly saying you “fell off the wagon”, Amber wants you to know, there is absolutely nothing wrong with you as a person. Most likely, the program or habits that you have been incorporating are just not realistic for you. Amber is all about making a healthy lifestyle both enjoyable and sustainable so that you can keep it up long term and not continue to burn out and feel worse each time that a diet doesn’t work out.
We want to think about the choices we can make to move the needle forward while using our food as medicine and enjoying life in the process. In time, weight loss will be the byproduct so there is absolutely no reason this should be a stressful process. Tune in next week for part 3!
- The two reasons why people can’t lose the weight and keep it off
- Diet culture teaches us to focus on the outcome, but we need to focus on the process
- The key is to establish routines that work for our lifestyle
- Making a “healthy” lifestyle delicious and sustainable
- Learning to use our cravings as biofeedback instead of something that is “wrong”
- Why “one-size fits all” diets don’t work
- Join Amber’s FREE 2-day event happening February 7 & 8: ambershaw.com/wellness-revolution-event
- Get your own Serenity gummies and discover more CURED Nutrition products at: curednutrition.com and use code AMBER10 for 10% off
- Get 30 Days of OPEN for free with code WELLNESSREVOLUTION: withopen.com/WELLNESSREVOLUTION
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Mind and Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber