The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 146: Hormonal Balance for Sustainable Weight Loss (Part 2 of 4)
The Hormonal Fat Loss Blueprint is Amber’s tactical process for sustainable weight loss and teaches women how to use food as medicine to stabilize hormones and ditch restrictive diets for good. If you have been tuning in the past few weeks, you know Amber did a solo series all about necessary shifts for sustainable weight loss and is now covering one of those pillars in depth, which involves eating for blood sugar control and hormone stabilization.
In part 1 of this series, Amber covered her simplified approach to nutrition that promises food freedom and getting rid of the miserable practice of counting calories or macros because let’s be real, no one wants to do that. In this second part of the series, we dive into intermittent fasting as a tool to help regulate insulin and in turn stabilize hormones naturally. Amber is a huge fan of intermittent fasting and has first-hand seen the tremendous benefits. With that being said, it might not be for everyone right off the bat, so tune in to hear whether intermittent fasting may or may not be a tool for you at the moment.
The key aspect of intermittent fasting that needs to be emphasized is that it should be flexible. No one should be eating according to a clock and fighting against what their body is telling them. We don’t white knuckle anything around here because we know relying on willpower just doesn’t work and will end up just being another diet, which is the last thing we want.
- Amber explains that she uses her integrative nutrition background to help women use their food as medicine
- Amber covers a quick recap of last week’s episode on eating for hormone stabilization
- The benefits of intermittent fasting
- Amber acknowledges that nothing is a one size fits all approach so there are some reasons why intermittent fasting may not be right for someone
- What “flexible intermittent fasting” looks like
- The fasting “sweet spot” for women over 40
- Amber’s free intermittent fasting guide: ambershaw.com/fasting
- Get your Serenity gummies and discover more CURED Nutrition products at: curednutrition.com use code AMBER10 for 10% off
- Check out episode 139 with Dr. Joseph Antoun: Fasting and Nutrition for Longevity
About Amber Shaw
Amber is a Mind and Body Transformation Expert, Founder of The Wellness Revolution, motivational speaker, and NBC Health and Wellness Coach. Having built a lifestyle that allowed her to embrace work, children, exercise, and well-balanced eating habits, Amber now works helping and coaching women to achieve the same level of serenity and empowerment through a sustainable way of living.
Connect with Amber