The Wellness Revolution Podcast with Amber Shaw
TWR 138: Necessary Shifts for Achieving Sustainable Weight Loss (Part 3 of 5)
This episode is part 3 of Amber’s series about shifts that are necessary to achieve sustainable weight loss that is effortless and most of all, works for you. If you haven’t already tuned in to part 1, make sure you check that out here, and you can find part two here. While the last two episodes in this series covered some mental shifts that you need to make in order to be able to achieve sustainable weight loss, part 3 is more of a tactical shift. In order to get out of the vicious cycle of dieting, you first need to realize that diets don’t work long-term and this is a lifestyle shift, not a quick fix, which means it is so important to focus on the habits and process instead of just the goal of losing weight.
The third shift that Amber covers in this episode involves using our food as medicine and working with our bodies instead of trying to do diets and crazy exercises that will actually work against us. Hormones play a huge role in fat loss, and they cannot be ignored in the equation of learning how to reach our weight loss goals in a healthy way. The key is to make sure our hormones are balanced as best as we can, and this does not have to be complicated. Amber explains the role that insulin plays in fat loss, and how we can use both food and the timing of our meals to control insulin throughout the day.
A key factor in Amber’s programs is her hormonal fat loss blueprint, and in this episode, you will hear what looks like for the women that join Amber’s 6-month program. While food and exercise are obviously big factors for weight loss, we also have to pay attention to the effects that stress can have on our bodies if we are not focusing on ways to mitigate it. When we think about stress, we often think of mental stress, but the physical stress we can put on our bodies is important to take into account. This means getting enough sleep, not over-exercising, getting in enough calories, and more. Weight loss is so much more than calories in vs. calories out, and we need to look at other health markers that play a role in our ability to not only be healthy, but to lose weight.
- Amber reviews shifts one and two from previous episodes in this series
- Why we need to learn to work with our bodies and hormones instead of against them
- Why insulin can be a reason women have a hard time losing weight
- Intermittent fasting: do we have to be strict with it?
- Exercising for optimal hormone balance
- The importance of stress mitigation
- Join Amber’s FREE 2-day event happening February 7 & 8: ambershaw.com/wellness-revolution-event
- Get your Magnesium L-Threonate from Cymbiotika here, and use code AMBER15 for 15% OFF
- Get 30 Days of OPEN for free with code WELLNESSREVOLUTION: withopen.com/WELLNESSREVOLUTION
Connect with Amber